Monday, February 7, 2011

Snow!!

This area finally got some significant snow, not that I'm excited, but all the local people are.  Except for the mountains, most of the snow has melted, creating a muddy FOB.  What a mess.
Not too much going on here.  Projects are continuing, new projects are in the works and most of the people in the office are getting to redeploy in a month or so. 
Our office is gathering supplies to give to a local school.  Any school supplies, PE equipment, jackets or cold weather clothing would be appreciated.  Sera is gathering from the neighborhood and whoever she runs into :)  See flyer below.
Home Front News:  Christian had Donuts for Dads the other week.  Katy went in my place and had a great time.  His class filled out questions about their Dads, Katy said that when Christian was asked what his Daddy liked to do for fun, he said "Work".  And, according to Christian I love him because I like him :)
At Christmas I talked to his class regarding the conditions over here and about the children I've seen.  His class organized a drive in their school to send me candy to give out to the children when we do site visits.  I now have 3 huge boxes of candy to give out.  I'm bound to get mobbed for sure :)

No comments:

Post a Comment