Thursday, February 24, 2011

Caulk Gun

This morning one of our Afghan contractors showed up to the job site with a caulk gun to seal some flashing.  In the afternoon the QA checked in on them and saw them spinning the steel rod.  He figured that the gun was broken, so he took the gun and squeezed the trigger a couple of times.  The rod moved forward a couple of positions, all is well.  At this time the two painters, helper and superintendent started yelling at him to stop.  They told him that they had been twisting the rod for about an hour and couldn’ t get it to back out so they could put the tube in.  Now he had triggered the rod in even further.  The QA hit the thumb release, pulled the rod out and gave it to them.  He said that the look of joyous surprise was priceless.   The little things in life.

The family finally got their Valentine’s gifts.  I sent Christian a bunch of Batman cartoons and he was inspired to create a new batman costume.



Katy’s Korner:

     I have implemented a new rule; it states that nothing is allowed to live inside unless it knows how to use the toilet.  Since Sera’s cat, Pebbles, hasn’t mastered the trick of that yet, she has been banished to the backyard.  This decision cost me $35 at PetSmart today, buying her an engraved nametag, pink/black zebra print collar and matching leash (Sera wants to take her for “walks”) and some new toys so she knows that we still love her (Sera’s request, of course).   I’m fairly sure that the cat is way too lazy to ever climb the fence and try to go anywhere, but….neighbors, if you do see a gray cat with a pink/black zebra print collar wandering  the neighborhood, PLEASE return her to us.  If anything happens to that cat, my first born may never forgive me….

Carseat Conversations:
“Sera, what are pilgrims?”  Christian asked.  Sera responded, “ I’ll tell you if you’ll get your nasty, stinking feet off me!”

Christian to self:  “I can’t decide which one of my sisters to marry when I grow up.  They’re both so pretty!!”

Lily refused to allow Christian and Cayden into the car to come home from preschool.  She insisted that “Boys are nasty and they stink too much!!”

No comments:

Post a Comment